On Thursday 08 May 2008 13:11:04 Don Wilhelm wrote:

> ERR TXF indicates that you have not selected the 2.7k (or 2.8k) filter
> for CW and SSB transmit.  The transmit filters are to be set up per
> mode.  See page 44 of the operator's manual.

Thanks Don,  the 2.7 KHz filter is selected for CW and SSB.

Also FL1 FRQ is defined as -0.89. I get no change in received tone when
switching from CW to CWR.

I have also received the error message ERR TXG when attempting to set
transmitter gain on 160 metres.

I have a Bird thruline wattmeter in line with a dummy load and I have never
yet seen the K3 move the needle on the Bird dial :-)

I have the KAT3 ATU and when tapping ATU TUNE 5watts appears on the K£ RF watt
meter but there is no movement on the Bird needle.

I have the KPA3 but I presume that there is no point in installing it until
thie problem is resolved.

Charles