There has been some chatter here lately about 6 meters not working. I thought I would try and duplicate some of the problems. Well I couldn't. However, I did find a problem with my K3 #501 on 6 meters.

I don't have power pwr output on 6M. Perhaps I didn't check before, or maybe I didn't run the 5 watt cal on 6M. So, I ran the cal, all bands are fine, 5 watts, except 6M, where I get 1W and a ERR TXG msg. I don't hear much background noise on receive, with an antenna connected. May be a BP filter issue? The Ops manual says to hit the service manual, not encouraging. I really don't want to ship the rig back to Aptos, it's already been sent back once. When it was returned to me, I was told it met all spec's now. BTW, I haven't had the cover off the radio since it was returned.

Any ideas out there?

John
k7up
K1, 2 K2's, K3