Trying to program either of the pf buttons to control xv1 yes/no. Follow the
directions in the manual: select config: xv1 on. Push and hold pf1 until it
says set. Now go back to normal display and push pf1. It flashes the xv1 on
selection but then it goes back to standard vfo display.

To verify I was doing it correctly I tried it with af gain. An interesting
capability I didn't know existed was first time push pf1 with the af gain
programmed it sets it to low. Push again and switches to high. I would like
it to do that with the xv1 selection.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ron   N4XD