I have K3/100 #757 using firmware 1.94 MCU and 1.73 DSP.

I have been getting an "ERR TXG" message when trying the Transmitter Gain Low-
Power Calibration on most bands. 80 meters was OK and 20 meters sometimes was
OK.

I noticed my external power meter was showing 10 watts output while the K3
power read only 2 watts. This caused me to go back to the K3 Low-Power
Wattmeter Calibration procedure. In this procedure I was only able to adjust
the power shown on my external meter to about 9 watts when the K3 showed 5
watts. The WMTR LP parameter value shown in the VFO A slot ended up at its
maximum value of 180.

I redid the LP Transmitter Gain Calibration on all bands without any ERR TXG
messages. So far so good except for my K3 saying 5 watts out and my meter
saying 9 watts.

Next I try the High Power TX Gain Calibration. I get ERR TXG messages, so I
take a look at my external power meter as I increase power. As the K3 changes
from 12 to 13 watts, I hear the KPA3 relay click, and my external power meter
shows power suddenly jumps from about 15 watts to 40 watts. Increasing K3 power
more gets me 100 watts out while the K3 is showing only 20 watts. I then try
the High Power Wattmeter Calibration. K3 is set to 50 watts. My external meter
shows 120 watts, but adjusting the menu parameter does not reduce power.

I am using two different external power meters. One is a QRP meter and goes to
10 watts max. The other has a 200-watt scale. They both have seemed fairly
accurate from using them with other rigs.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

73,
Paul
K5ESW