I have the same concern as Craig. The recommendation from Robert and Vic
don't work on my K3.

Here's my scheme:
Ant. 1 is a non-resonant dipole. On 20m for example, SWR is 4.5:1. The ATU
brings it to 1:1.
Ant. 2 is a screwdriver vertical on tin roof, adjusted (with ATU bypassed)
to show 1:1.

I set the ATU for for either antenna, or one then the other, but it NEVER
auto-adjusts when I switch antennas. Never on any band or with any
(mis)tuning of my vertical, have I heard more than one relay click  when
switching ANT 1/2 (no ATU reset).

I'm running the new Beta FW now (no problem) and it's my third FW version.

Windy KM5Q
K3 #764
Santa Fe, NM