Stephen Wrote:

I'd be grateful for any feedback from UK amateurs as to their experiences
with the various shipping options.

When I last looked, UPS seems more expensive, but since USPS post goes
through Parcel Farce (intended 'typo'!) I would, in fact consider paying
more for UPS.  Does UPS charge the same sort of handling fee that Parcel
Force does I wonder?  I know UPS tracking is superb having used it before.

I'd be grateful for information before the imminent (ordered 24th December)
Katiegram!

If you originally specified USPS, Katie will be recommending that you upgrade to UPS, because the postal services don't offer sufficient insurance cover.

The day after the package had left Aptos, UPS were calling from East Midlands Airport with the ransom demand for VAT. That can be paid by plastic over the phone.

Delivery was the following day, with nothing more to pay.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek