I can not say that the specs prove the 7700 is better or worse overall as a SSB
rig.

  I think it is clear that for CW contesting, the K3 has better specs.  The
7700 seems aimed at the comfortable arm chair, brandy in hand, cuban cigar,
imprepressive setup with a 30" display, let me tweak my audio a bit, you are
always 5x9 here,  it looks good on the scope, am I wide enough --  approach to
hamming.  It is surely a rig with great "style and feel", and by the way also a
world class performer.

  On the other hand the K3 is the sports car that can be stripped down simple,
or you can add the performance packages  -- but at its core is high
performance.  Frills second, performance first.

  Ken K5WK