H. M. Motley Jr. wrote:
I have a chance to buy a rather early K2 in unbuilt kit form. It's
serial number 192. It has the SSB adaptor, Noise blanker, Audio
filter, a set of pre-wound toroids and the Revision B boards and
parts and updated manual.  In doing some research on the WWW, I see
there have been a number of changes/modifications over the years by
the factory and others. I've run across alternate wiring for the AF
gain and mention of a cure for BFO drift.  Does someone have a list
of the various changes that I should incorporate while building this
rather early K2 should I decide to take the plunge and buy it?

Hi Puck!

If it has the rev B boards, etc., then hopefully what it is is a basic K2 plus the K2BCOMPKT kit and a couple of other things, which comprises what you need to bring it up to the level equivalent to serial no. 3000. For details, see <http://www.elecraft.com/order_form_parts.htm#K2BCOMPKT>

This includes upgrade instructions. This includes the AF gain modification that you mentioned, and also a keying waveform improvement mod which was incorporated after serial no. 3000. Check with the seller (I think I have a suspicion about who it is!) and verify that it includes the stuff described in the link above.

If so, you will probably not need to make any additonal modifications.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco