I used mine to make the 50 watt adjustments, since my watt meter only goes to ten watts, and had no problems. I limited the key down time to a few seconds, just enough to read the voltage. I made adjustments with the key up and then rechecked the voltage on the DL1. The resistors got quite warm but not too hot. I used clip leads on the test points so I only needed enough time to read the meter.
73
Rick Dettinger  K7MW