I have both and they are about the same. Sometimes one beats the other or the
reverse.  Orion is mostly better in NR for phone and K3 is mostly better for
CW.  If one listens only to the Elecrafters Lovers Club, one will get a skewed
view of rigs.... similar to the old debate from VW car owners who loved their
little bugs well beyond rationality and the facts.  I loved my old Drakes like
that, but now do not love any brand.  gl 73,

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]