Dave,

Just as a guess (I don't have either the 500 or 400 Hz filters) - do you have the correct filter offset entered into the K3 menu? It certainly sounds like a conflict between the roofing filter centers and the DSP filter centers.

You have said that the filter center frequency matches your sidetone pitch, so that rules out a mis-setting of the SHIFT control.

I cannot duplicate your problem here, but then I am relying only on the DSP filters - I have only the 2.7 kHz filter installed..

73,
Don W3FPR

David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
Thanks for all the responses - to answer the questions:

Yes I'm in CW mode
yes I've used Spot and shift shows an * to indicate its centred over the frequency I've checked the filters and offsets, receive Filter Enables etc in Configuration etc.

the loss of signal occurs at 500Hz, that’s before the filter switch point at 400HZ I have checked against RWM on 9.996 band it cuts of in the same way at 500Hz

It appears that once I go down to 500HZ, the signal is greatly attenuated and I loose the side tone, regardless of mode, the frequency is attenuated at that point - I can just hear the transmission, but everything is very attenuated. I'm wondering if they made be a bad connection of a part of the board that only comes in below 550Hz.

When RWM is transmitting just a carrier, it gets cut off at 500Hz