Steve,the little VW was championed by Porsche himself,Hitler was looking for a
small car for the masses in Germany.He liked what Porsche had come up with,and
gave him the means to produce the wonderful little car.I take offense when
people call it Hitler's car,it's Porsche's car,100%!I've owned over 30 + VW
models since the late 60's,I can't imagine life without a VW in my driveway!My
current one is a 1971 Camper,or Westy.A little bit off the thread subject,but I
love the Elecraft line also,not silly really!73's de Ed N7EDK