Hi,

If you have the latest firmware version, there is a new option in CONFIG:LIN
OUT. Normally this is set to "nor" for normal. Press the 1 (A/B) button and
it will change to "Phones". The line out will now contain the exact same mix
you are hearing in the headphones, so by enabling transmit monitoring, you
will be recording on transmit, too. Beware that the volume control (AF gain)
will now affect the line output.

I am not sure what your troubles with setting levels are. If you are unsure
if the level is right due to the general lack of any VU metering on PC
recording software, you can use an oscilloscope program (sr5.exe is free) to
watch that you are not overdriving the A/D.

Knut - AB2TC