john petters wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> My K3 puts out the full 12 watts on FM. Basic rig, no PA, nor ATU. In
> fact I have been woirking some EU stations on the Sporadic E opening on
> 10FM today.
> 73
> John G3YPZ

Mine will put out 100W, though it caused a squawking noise to come from the
shack computer and the mouse pointer to freeze! So I have been working 10 FM
using 30W. K3 stays cool and I haven't heard any fans come on. I asked for
audio reports and twice received the reply "beautiful audio".

If you can't get full audio then the only thing I can think of is to check
the TX Gain calibration on 10m. Can you get full power out on CW at that end
of the band?

When doing the gain calibration on mine I noticed that the current meter on
my power supply only showed about 8A for 50W on 10m compared to about 12A on
the other bands. That struck me as a bit odd (the K2 was least efficient on
10m) but it seems to work OK so I haven't investigated further.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf