I would be happy to receive just the current K3, forget all the gimmic features.

Jim K4JAF

----- Original Message ----- From: "ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:19 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Features - What Else?

It seems to me some are sitting around trying to figure out some little whistle they would like to add to the K3. Its even going to become an alarm clock, a broadcast station, and a coffee maker.

I am glad the folks at Elecraft have a meeting of the minds before precious resources are spent on gagetry.

To me, resources - particularly intellectual time - should be spent on features that mean the K3 will dig out weaker signals, have a better noise blanker, work additional digital modes, be a better contest rig, interface with popular contest or station control software, have a tuning display that is useful rather than pretty, be better behaved as a driver for an amplifier, better DSP algorithms, etc.

I think time spend implementing some of the things I have seen mentioned would be a real waste, and just add to the configuration issues. IMHO this is a list of parameters that is already becoming so large that users are never getting around to understanding them all.

Ken K5WK