I recently got my K2 serviced and updated.  I was told by the technician that I
needed to tighten the mounting screws on Q1 and Q2 after 10 to 12 hours of use.
Failure to do so could destroy the transitors. I have read the KPA/100 manual
and it says to tighten these mounting screws after initial use.  My radio is 6
years old.  Do I still have to try and remove the board to tighten these
mounting screws periodically when using high power(100 watts).  If so needed,
can I access these mounting screws easily or do I have to remove the KPA100 PCB?
    My K2/100 and KAT100 really performs well since it was updated and
correction of a problem fixed.  I do not work on radios, but I would try and do
this maintanence if needed to prolong the life of the transitors.  John K3JK