Hi Elecrafters,

Elecraft has specialized in ham rigs (yes, I'm old enough to have earned the right to call them rigs) that have two main characteristics: high ham band performance and cost-effective design. That they also provide the best support and customer service in this nitch-market is icing on the cake.

The two principals in this small company have bet the farm on bringing out a high-performance, relatively affordable rig to a more mainstream ham market - at an age when most would be seeking safety and security in the background. Their business model of contained growth, without being driven by marketers and bean counters, is smart and common-sense. Some people don't like the way the K3 was designed or operates. The ME ME ME generation is free to trade in their cars on a kilobuck Yeawoodcom rig of their choice. Then, when it doesn't meet your particular preferences, you can address your needs to those manufacturers - and they will have
you fixed up in a jiffy.

Or try Ten Tec. They are currently trying to change our perception of them the old fashioned way, with advertising rather than excellent customer service. And while you're there, ask them when
they are going to get the Orion software straightened out.

Meanwhile, we K3 owners are going to take this little high-performance box that one can lift with a pinky, sling it over our shoulder in Rose's case, and take it anywhere we want to operate. Try
that with your 7800.

Bravo, Elecraft.

73,

John W9LHG