Good Evening,
   Today I rode with NM7N to Seaside, Oregon for our local hamfest.  I got to
see Lisa, which is always nice, and Greg, AB7R, at the Elecraft booth.  They
were having fun showing off the gear and selling things.  They were assisted by
WA7BOC who enjoys talking about his experiences with his K2 and K3.  I wondered
around finding a few parts for a transmitter I plan to build and got an antenna
for ECOM work.  Then I was told my call sign was on the prize board.  After
working my way through the line and then through a few envelopes I won free
shipping on a rig I would have to buy.  Interesting!  However, I had never won
anything before so I looked at it philosphically :)
   Twenty meters worked for me during the week and for the local radio club
folks with their special event station W7OTV.  There is now a photo of a CW guy
using a microphone since the station was limited to only one mode.  Well, the
op on the mike happened to be me; felt strange working stations that way.  I
don't think the mode will catch on any time soon!  Forty meters worked for me a
couple evenings during the week so I think it may work again tomorrow.  The sun
is still blank but that has been true a lot lately and we have still been able
to communicate.
   The flowering dogwood trees are about done blooming and now the false
Solomon's seal is opening.  The last few nights I have been hearing saw whet
owls calling near the house.  Time to take a hike and see if the Salmon berries
have set fruit.  The thimble berries may be showing too.  If I am lucky I may
get a few before the birds and other animals have cleaned them off.  Black
berries are looking very good this year so I will find enough of them for a
pie.  Once I drive down the mountain it is easy to find a lot of local fruit in
Buxton or Manning.  The market for fruit has created a number of commercial
gardens and truck farms.  There is one raspberry field of well over a thousand
acres.  I have to drive further to get to the filbert orchards.

Please join us tomorrow evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   Stay cool,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

ecn.visionseer.com