Fred, your post is good news to me.  You make the K3
sound like what I want it to be.  I don't have a 250
Hz filter in my 850, just the 500 Hz, so I don't have
the ringing problem but a better noise blanker would
be welcome and a little less band noise will be
welcome.  I hardly dare to expect the near absence of
band noise that I see claimed, but I will welcome any
improvement.  I didn't realize just how good the
receiver in the 850 is until I tried to use a Yaesu
FT-900 in the ARRL 10 meter contest.  It had so much
intermod and other trash that I had to give up after
about 10 minutes and hook up the 850.  I can't say
that there was none on the 850, but much better.  If
the K3 improves on that I will be in hog heaven!

Cookie

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ