Like Tony, I also found it helpful to color my V>M button, but I did it in a different way. It looks good, and I and find it helpful.

I stained it red with permanent ink. I took a bit of cloth and wet it with alcohol. Onto that I applied some red ink with a Sharpie pen, then rubbed it onto the button. It still shows the label on the button very clearly - just makes a pink wash. I liked it, so I then applied red around the sides of the button where it shows deeper red. I consider it permanent, but it's my radio and I like it.

Windy KM5Q

Tony Fegan VE3QF
Fri, 30 May 2008 20:18:07 -0700

I went a step further and put a piece of white 1/4 inch masking tape over the V>M key. Not pretty but it works for me. It is just enough to catch your eye and of course when you really need it, it can still be depressed. I do have an "advantage" in that with poor eyesight it is not easy to read and mix up the keys! My band memories are set similar to yours Doug. I have my most usedfrequency in VFO-A and my second most used frequency in VFO-B. I operate mainly SSB but monitor the other modes. I have not used the band up/down for 3 months.
73
   Tony Fegan VE3QF