I, too, use the "black stuff from WalMart" to "secure" my 2m rig on the dashboard. Hasn't budged in nearly 2 years.

73

Dave KQ3T

David Yarnes wrote:
Some kinds work great--others not so great. The kind that looks kind of shiny, and has a very regular pattern of holes and little squares (which are kind of puffy), doesn't work as well. It slides around more. The best stuff (and the cheapest I think), has a sort of wavy pattern to it, and actually feels a bit thinner. But it sure grabs better! I use it for paddles, and also for setting things on the console in my vehicle. It also works pretty well if you need to set something on the dashboard.

Dave W7AQK