> Has anyone taken an un-opened Elecraft kit on a plane?  Was it an issue?  Did
> they ask you to open the box?
>

> 73
> Alan
> W1HYV

Alan,

I've taken a K-1 plus many others. All have been small. I opened them all and
put them in 'check-in' luggage. I'd rather open them, then have 'them' do it.
(or them, do it, to it.). They have never opened a kit. The antenna tuner on
the other hand (coil), made them open it.

As I said, all kits have been small, no K3 and all my flights have been
international flights. Domestic flights may be different. Good luck.

HTH, Chris, KE6GS /XE3