Lyle,
You mention setting Rx equalization to flat for data modes.
I set up RxEQ to make the waterfall uniform, flattening the slight residual
spectrum colorization left over from roofing filter not quite being flat. It
appears to work okay but now I wonder if I am helping or hurting the data
decoding situation. It sure makes the waterfall look uniform.

If what you say is true, it would be nice to have mode specific RxEQ and
TxEQ, different for the wider band modes anyway = AM/FM/USB/LSB/Data/Data
Reverse. I need a sticky note to record the different settings to flatten
the background noise the way we are now.

If the K3 Utility were modified to make EQ easy to change (like the Filter
Configuration Utility) it would be almost as useful and save K3 memory.

Mike Scott - AE6WA
Tarzana, CA (DM04 / near LA)
K3-100 #508/ KX1  #1311

In data mode, the intent is to have as pure a signal as possible, so AN
and NR are not available.  RxEQ should be set to flat, and if using DATA
A mode then TxEQ should also be set to flat.

73,

Lyle KK7P