Here's a question for experienced ex-K2 types who have done Elecraft-approved mods involving replacement of SMTs on the main circuit board of the K3:

Can I expect working with the K3 boards to be similar to working with the K2 circuit boards so far as lifting or damage to traces are concerned? Or are the traces smaller/lighter/thinner/more fragile on the K3 than on the K2 and accordingly require much greater caution?

I've watched a good training video for working with SMTs but my concern is with the board and not with the process. Even after nearly 48 years of kit-building including two all-up K2/100s, I'm still intimidated by the thought of those danged SMTs and can't decide whether or not I want to take 'em on.

   73,
   Gary, VE1RGB