I think Doug has hit the nail on the head.  For casual CW, just use the
DSP.  If it isn't good enough, you can always add the 500 Hz roofing
filter later.

For more serious CW operating, I'm thinking the next filter to get is
the 1 KHz filter to give better tuning-across-the-band performance.  My
3rd choice would then be the ultra narrow (250?) filter.

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -