Well I have to say this implementation of NR for me is the best yet!

I listen to weak CW almost exclusively and it works really well.

Gone is the big reduction in audio when engaging NR and the CW signal really
pops out of the noise.

I like it!

Not sure if it was intended to address this issue but it works for me...

Love this K3

73, Deni
F5VJC

wayne burdick wrote:

> K3 beta-test firmware revision 2.10 is now available. Full details
> appear below and in the release notes.
>
> The use of beta-test firmware is encouraged, but optional. Please send
> any problem reports to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> For instructions on how to obtain and load beta firmware, please see:
>
>    http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>
> * * *
>
> MCU 2.10 / DSP 1.81, 6-22-08
>
> * SYNTHESIZER: Tuning and band-change improvements (prevents ERR PL1,
> etc.).
>
> * NARROW FILTERS IMPROVED: Gain balanced for "FIR" filters (CW and data
> modes).
>
> * NOISE BLANKER can now be used with AGC turned off.
>
> * DENOISER (NR): Gain balance improved in SSB and AM modes.
>
> * EXT ALC voltages adjusted to match resistors called out in EXT ALC
> mod document
>    (on the K3 mods page).
>
> * TX/RX switching time improvement in DATA-S mode ("SYNC Data", for
> AMTOR, etc.).
>
> PC Control Command Changes (for application software developers):
>
> * "PC" (PWR READ) IN K22 MODE now supplies correct value for QRO (KPA3)
> on/off.
>
> * “FA/FB” BAND CHANGE now saves mode for old band before switching to
> new band.
>     This prevents problems with per-mode bandwidth, etc., following band
> changes.
>
> * “MD” COMMAND FIXED:  On 6 m, CW norm/reverse were being reported
> backwards.
>    On all bands, DATA A and PSK-D were reversed for both get and set
> (AFSK A and
>    FSK-D were correct). NOTES: When an “MD” command is used to switch
> between
>    data normal and reverse, it applies to both DATA A and PSK-D (if
> either of these was
>    in effect), or AFSK A and FSK-D (if either of these was in effect).
>
>    NOTE: An extension to the "MD" command is in the works to directly
> get/set K3 data modes.
>    Meanwhile, you can use “SWH43;” to emulate pressing the DATA MD
> switch, then “DB”
>    to retrieve the data mode text string from VFO B, and “UPB;” / “DNB;”
> to change the mode.
>

> ---
>
> http://www.elecraft.com

-----
73, Deni F5VJC

K2 1188   K3  325

For a Ham Radio friendly holiday in France...
Visit www.mycottageinbrittany.com