This is what I wrote recently to someone who asked me how I liked the K3
(which I have had about a month now):

The K3 is a really wonderful rig.  I’m trying hard to think of any cons
right now but none come to mind.  The list of pros includes:

Very quick auto tuning (KAT3) – like 1 to 2 seconds to find a match.  It
finds a 1 to 1 match on 160 to 6 meters with a Cobra Ultralite antenna and
BL2 balun.
Great sounding received  audio – and that AFX button is fun.
Unbelievable noise reduction and noise blanking effectiveness.
Unbelievable selectivity and adjustment range.
Up to 120W output (but I run it at 100W).
Accurate internal SWR and power meters.
Great general coverage receive.
Excellent QSK – better than the K2 – as good as the TS-930S.
The reports on the transmitted CW note are terrific.
Many parameters are adjustable – AGC settings, AFX delay, NB sensitivity and
width, keyer weight, etc. These may take time to find the optimal settings.
(maybe that’s a con hi hi).
The size and weight are perfect for my shack.  Next week, I’ll update my
photo on QRZ.com.
Software updating is very quick and easy. I bought their KUSB adaptor since
I don’t have a serial port on the home PC now.
Many new features will be introduced via software updates.  I am hoping for
Automatic Character Spacing in the keyer like the Accukeyer and CMOS
Logikeyers.
Like the TS-930 with the Piexx digital board, there are 100 memories, +
another 4 per band.
I have never had a 6 meter QSO and the tuner found a match on that band for
my antenna.  I heard some stations on around 50.098 MHz and called “QRL?”
and someone said “Yes” so I know I am getting out hi hi.  But no QSO yet.
Elecraft support is really great and they bend over backwards to make sure
problems are resolved.

I started out with a switching power supply (12V, 24A) but I did not like
the noise it generated in the receiver and it also induced problems on the
transmitted signal.  So I bought an Astron RS-35A and that works very well.
The power supply is slightly bigger than the rig, though hi hi.

73,  John W2XS