Joseph,

Do you have the menu microphone selection correct? It is the main menu. Go to the MIC SEL entry and turn VFO A knob until it says FP.L bIAS. That is what I use for my MD2 and the MH2 should be similar. I run with the Mic gain set at about 37 and the CMP set to about 24. You could use FP.H bias, but your mic gain would be quite different than mine.

73,
Don W3FPR

Joseph M. Durnal wrote:
Still having trouble.  It does seem to transmit SSB - I enabled the 2
tone test and that worked when I pushed the PTT.  But it doesn't seem
that the mic is putting audio into the rig.

I'll need to run SSB for field day, I'd also be happy with suggestions
on what to do if this mic doesn't work.  I have a heil pro set with an
8 pin connector, but that doesn't seem to work either.  I have an
alinco and icom hand mic that I could borrow.  I also have a foot
switch.  I wonder if I could use the proset by plugging it into the
back panel w/ RCA, and a foot switch to key it?

Thanks & 73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Joseph M. Durnal