Hello Brian

Yes, I'd set up the filters and satisfy yourself the K3 is working before updating the firmware. You can set the filters and save the config from the updater program, saving the config will give you peace of mind in case something goes wrong.

The latest beta firmware has significantly improved noise reduction compared to what will be in your K3, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you download the 2.10 firmware. You need to also tick the box for "always load DSP data tables" as you can end up with funny faults with the DSP if you don't.

Welcome to the world of the K3!

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80