In 1976 I operated Field Day with the Connecticut Wireless Association,
W1TX.  That year we decided to go 2A battery class, running QRP, CW
only.  Our score of 8865 won not only 2A-battery but would easily have
won the regular 2A class as well!

Using mostly wire antennas we were able to maintain good rates, even
running pileups at times.

That was the one and only time I have participated in a "serious" FD
effort, where the score was all-important.  Every other group I have
gone with has concentrated more on the food and camaraderie.  Both
approaches are fun, just in different ways.

Al N1AL