At 12:26 PM 7/1/2008, Phil & Debbie Salas wrote:
I use my K3 with a MFJ-998 and Ameritron ALS-600. The K3 doesn't have an input YET that puts it in the low power CW tune mode. I understand this is planned. Once this happens it will be easy to make an interface cable from the MFJ-998 to the K3. Currently I just feed the K3 amp-key output through the MFJ-998, and I leave the MFJ-998 in the full auto-tune mode. When I change bands or antennas, I just hit the TUNE button on the K3. If the SWR is greater than 2:1, the MFJ-998 takes the ALS-600 off-line, tunes, and then puts the ALS-600 back on-line.

The amp-bypass feature of the MFJ-998 really works well.

Phil - AD5X

Pin 4 of the aux i/o connector is a PTT line, in parallel with the mike PTT. If the radio is in any of the continuous modes like FSK RTTY just keying that line makes the K3 output a signal. I have wired it up to my Quadra so the Quadra can key up the K3 for antenna tuning. Works automatically for me, since I am usually in FSK RTTY mode at approximately the right power level needed, but others need something like the ICOM rigs provide.

Jerry W4UK