As reported by others, changing it to reverse doesn't change the polarity.

This causes upside down RTTY with my HAL DXP38 TNC.

The normal fix, to invert the transmit polarity in the software program, is
problematic.
If you don't believe this, consult the list of several byte hexidecimal
control codes for the TNC.
It took the N1MM programmers several calendar months to get the coding to
work with these commands.
The current N1MM macros (developed my me and N2NMG) don't currently have a
transmit reverse macro.

I've decided to invert the signal in hardware in the 15 pin breakout box
needed to utilize band data from the K3.

I guess the other fix would be to choose reverse polarity RTTY and invert
the received signal via the invert rx macro in N1MM.

73 DE Brian/K3KO