Chris -

I also remember something about increasing the current carrying capabilities of the RFC on the KIO2 board. I think the recommendation was to build a new choke from several turns of #24 or #26 wire threaded through a spare toroid core. You will probably have one laying around after building your K2. Or if not, then you can get one easily enough from Elecraft. I ended up using a FT-43 core, if I remember correctly. This is detailed in one of the modification guides available on line.

- Jim, KL7CC