Tony,

R91 is *not* a mod by itself.  You did not miss anything at all.
When installing the KRX3, the builder is asked to meaure the value of R91 and add a parallel resistor if it is 100 ohms. If it is 22 ohms, do nothing.

If you wish to check and modify R91 to 22 ohms in your K3 without regard to the KRC3, then you may do that, you will notice no difference.

73,
Don W3FPR

KM0O wrote:
I suspect I might know about this under another name, but I want to make sure
that I haven't missed something important. Just what is the "R91 mod"?