-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon Perelstein
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:45 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] W1 and QRN

I recently built the W1 Wattmeter/SWR Bridge to use in tuning my
antenna.

I've noticed that whenever I have it in-line between my K1 and the
antenna, I hear a dramatic increase in receiver noise level.  The
S-meter on the K1 goes from 2 bars to 4 bars.  This happens whether I
have the W1 turned on or turned off, and happens on both 20 and 40
meters.

The only other thing I can say is that I have the W1 connected to the K1
by a 3' BNC to BNC cable.  The cable is coiled to sit on my desk.  I
have tried stretching out the cable, but it has not reduced the noise.
Similarly, I have tried moving the W1 to various locations on my desk
and off the desk without any noticeable improvement.