The RATE button gives you a choice of scan rates but it would be nice
if there was a wider range of scan speeds available. Depending on how
much band you want to cover, how crowded it is and what you're
scanning for, you might want anything from very slow to very fast,
with a lot of variability in between. If you could adjust the scan
rate interactively while scanning, that would be super.

Also would be nice if the dwell time was user selectable (i.e., the
amount of time a scan will pause on an active freq before resuming the
scan).

I don't think many people use the scanner on HF but I have found it
very handy on the K2 looking for CW signals. Haven't tried it on the
K3 yet, but from the manual description it looks pretty much the same.

73,
Drew
AF2Z