I'm with Roy. If I have a system in state A and I fiddle with it and get it
into state B, I want to be able to get back to A. Even if the difference is
trivial and doesn't matter in the slightest. Is there a good "reason" for
this? No. It's likely a mild form of obsessive compulsive disorder. I should
probably be seen by a psychiatrist.

Or it could be that I've dealt with so much software over the years, with
all kinds of bizarre interactions between seemingly unrelated things, that I
no longer believe that there is such a thing as an unimportant difference.

And by the way, should anal retentive be spelled with a hyphen?

73/WS7L