Hello Nick

I used to run MMTTY and now run a dedicated external modem and also HRD. However, I did re-install MMTTY to test it for you. The settings are:

Normal serial cable to K3 (as used for firmware updates, etc.), no settings for PTT in the K3 menu (PTT-KEY OFF-OFF). I am using DTR/RTS PTT ticked in MMTTY, Kenwood settings from the drop down menu.

For the actual RTTY keying, I use the dc input via the 15 way "D" connector on the K3 with the single transistor keying circuit from the MMTTY help file. It is found under "Prepare for FSK". I have a PC with 8 real serial ports which helps. The K3 is used with "DATA FSK D" mode. I do not use PTT from a serial port, the MMTTY program commands the K3 to TX via a Kenwood serial command.

For HRD, I use audio to/from the sound card via the line in/out on the K3. Keying is via the serial cable and doesn't require any special configuration on the K3.

Both of the above "just work"!

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80