Thanks, Greg!

73,
L. -dst-

Greg - AB7R napsal(a):
This exact item is already on the list to be done.

-------------------------

73,

Greg - AB7R

Whidbey Island WA

NA-065

On Mon Jul 21  2:03 , Alexandr Kobranov  sent:

Maybe we can talk about BAND ENABLE config option which can disable

some band(-s) from band UP/DOWN selection for example WARC bands in

time on some WW Contest or all HF bands during transverter mode or

some personal preferencies as 160 - 80 - 30m fast switching only etc.

Coming back to "enable" status for some band can be done via direct

frq entry and then BAND ENABLE in config.

This enable/disable idea is only about band UP/DOWN button behavior

nothing about mode or tuning/freq input/computer control ....

just idea

73!

Lexa, ok1dst

K3/10 #727

Julian, G4ILO napsal(a):

Brett Howard wrote:

Personally I'd rather have the ability to do CW in SSB anywhere as it

turns out to be a good safety feature if ever need be.  Granted cross

mode is more of a safety option when we're talking about a KX1 but you

never know.  Personally I feel that not disallowing TX outside of the

bands (or making things configurable so that one can transmit outside of

band (with just a warning if your OOB) would be a good enhancement.

I agree. I don't see any reason to disable anything. If you don't want to

use something, or aren't allowed to use something, then just don't use it.

We're licensed amateurs, we know what the rules are, we don't need our

radios playing nanny to make sure we don't do anything we're not supposed

to.

-----

Julian, G4ILO

http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack