Hi All,

I hope that someone out there might be able to help me with this one.

What I have is a basic K2 with KAT2 internal tuner (KSB2 and KBT2 are also
installed). Then I also have the KPA100 outboard in a EC2 with the
KAT100-2.

To say it another way (without all those K's ;-) what we have is the "K2
Twins".

All works very nicely (thankyou Elecraft!!) except that I am now starting
to play with digital modes.

I have the K2 connected to an Asus Eee PC running Linux (Mandriva 2008.1).
When I run the fldigi software and tell it to use hamlib to perform rig
control everything works perfectly BUT...

I now have RX audio interference. It sounds like a low volume puffing
steam train or a chuff-chuff type noise. It is pretty obvious what is
causing it. The constant serial data stream being sent by the fldigi
program.

The interference is all bands and all frequencies so far as I can tell. It
is very low level but quite audible and would drive you mad if you tried
to use the radio for any length without turning the volume down. Needless
to say it will no doubt play havoc with weak digital signals.

Questions is: Am I looking at a fault in my particular K2 set-up or just a
design limitation? (you would never notice the issue except for the
constant polling by fldigi). And how does one go about trying to fix the
problem?

Any ideas, anyone?

73, Steve
VK2SJA