Hello All,
  I just received K3 kit serial # 1253 with KPA3, KBPF3, KXV3 and
KUSB options.  The kit was very well thought out and was a pleasure
to assemble.  It went together in under 8 hours.  Everything
seemed to calibrate well and work perfectly except for the 100 watt
PA.  When running 12 watts or less (8 watts on 6m) output is good and
 stable.  When power is set higher which causes the 100 W PA to turn
on, output power is not stable.  On 20m thru 6m with key down the
power output takes about 6 or 7 seconds to stablize.  For example,
when the power control is set for 50 watts it first comes up to 35
watts, then slowly goes up to 60 or 70 watts, then slowly comes down
to 50 watts where is is stable.  It seems like the power control
zero's in on the correct power but very slowly.  With CW it never
gets there. This happens every time the key is opened and then closed
 again.  On 40m the same thing happens but there is about a 3 second
delay after key closure before any output is seen.  There is no power
 output at all on 80m and 160m even though with less than 12 watts
set on the power control there is normal power output. I haven't had
the time to look into the schematic yet so thought I'd see if any of
the list readers have had a similar experience or may have some idea
of a good place to start.    Thanks, Al K7CA