To: "Elecraft" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Firmware 2.19

Also with my K3 there is a significant reduction in the audio level when NR is on. I don't see how the AGC would affect the NR. It's just a function of the filtering that reduces the volume when the NR is activated. Or is there something I am missing.

Stan
W5EWA
Houston, TX
K2/100 SN 4216
K3/100 SN 0690

Roger Stein wrote:
Hi Roy,

Try AGC THR = 5 and AGC SLP = 8....and  or experiment with varying
those two parameters as you monitor a signal.
My AF gain is at the 9 o'clock position, AFX on, BIN option.

I use a couple of small RCA/Radio Shack speakers.

To my ears, the difference between NR on/off is really close to the
same audio level.

But as Lyle says, experiment, it is quite revealing!!

Best of luck!

73, Roger WA7BOC
K3 #75