The message is spend time just listening to the band and get a feel of the
  many aids available to achieve the very best performance that will suit
  you style of operating, it took me 6 months to master my Orion and I think
  with the continued development of the K3 we need to take note of all the
  release notes as Stewart had pointed out, Thanks Stewart 73 Peter G3MLO