I've tried using the dual PB capability of the K3 on RTTY but can never
seem to get a RTTY signal through it to be able to decode (I am using
MMTTY). No problem without using the DPB filters. So if someone has the time
might you walk me through the settings you use for the K3 and RTTY? Roofing
filter, offsets (if any) and such?

I use the AFSK or FSK submodes of DATA. PITCH is set to the same as the PC program (I have tested with DM780, MultiPSK and MMTTY) or external decoder (I have tested with KAM Plus, PK-232 and PTCIIex. I expect a DXP-38 to arrive today so I can test with it as well).

Note the dual tone filter is set for 170 Hz shift. Copying the W1AW RTTY bulletin works fine (170 Hz shift, 45.45 bps), but copying the AMTOR-B bulletins does not work well (200Hz shift 100 bps).

Use the "CWT" function on the K3 for tuning in AFSK or FSK modes for equal deflection of the two bars in the display. The internal decoder, if enabled, will scroll text. It is using the dual tone filter, even if you have not selected it.

Be sure the PC program or external decoder is set for the same tone polarity as the K3. The PTCIIex, for example, expects USB so you have to issue TONES 3 to reverse the tones when using it in AFSK or FSK modes on the K3.

73,

Lyle KK7P