Here is some antenna information that might supprise you!
I was planning a camping trip to the mountains and needed a dipole antenna
for my K2/10. I would be camped in a heavly wooded area and space between
trees would be small.  So before leaving home I built a 20 meter dipole
because
it would be short and would be easier to get in between the trees. Then I
decided
it would be nice to have 40 meters if I had the room, so I took two end
clamps
off of a battery jumper cable and clamped them to the end of the 20 meter
dipole, then added enough wire to the clamps to make it a 40 meter dipole.
When I installed the antenna at 8000 feet alt I had enough room for the 40
meter addition.  The center was 25 feet off the ground, one end was 20 feet
up
and the other 6 feet off the ground.
I found that with the 40 meter attachment with the battery cable clamps the
antenna
was resonate on 40, 20, and 15 meters with an swr of .1 on all three bands.
Even in the heavly forrested area I worked stations all over the US and
Canada.
Just to the north of me was a mountain range that went above the timberline,

but I didn't seem to have any trouble getting over it,
and to the south was another that was about ten thousand feet high.
They didn't seem to effect my signals. I was running 10 watts the whole
time.
The bears even left me alone!
73
Scott N5SM