----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan Bloom
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:29 PM
To: David Woolley (E.L)
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft Antennas in trees

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 04:14, David Woolley (E.L) wrote:
> Benny Aumala wrote:
> >
> > http://www.antennalaunchers.com/csv19/index.htm
>
> That URL seems to lead to a cybersquatter (the sort that gives you
> their search engine results).

It works if you delete the "/csv19/index.htm" part.

> It might, though, be worth noting that professional tree climbers use
> throw bags and slick line to get a messenger over a tree limb.  The
> throw bags are tough bags filled with around 12oz of ball bearings and
> the slick link is typically a 5mm rope made from slippery plastic.

I was absolutely amazed watching a guy from the local tree service use
one of those things.  He just grabbed the rope a couple feet from the
bag, swung it in a circle a couple times, and effortlessly lofted it
precisely over the desired branch about 50 feet in the air.

Al N1AL