Don Rasmussen wrote:
> Downloaded 2.23 here and setup for ESSB. Not a glitch,
> as usual. At 3.0khz as compared to conventional SSB at
> 2.4 or 2.7khz it does not seem to be a new mode worthy
> of a different name, but the audio sounds much fuller,
> much more human.
>
> I had a headset connected to my Corsair II which has a
> 2.8 filter and did some comparisons.
>
> Where the two microphones I have sounded very similar
> before, and the TX equalization made only a nominal
> difference, using the essb setting there is a
> pronounced difference between the D104 and the Shure
> 444. And the TX EQ settings now seem almost
> hypercritical.
>
> Changing one EQ band EQ by one number can make a very
> significant difference.
>
> We are not waiting anymore for firmware features here,
> absolutely 100% happy with the radio.
>
> But never cease to be impressed when something new and
> interesting like this show up at the doorstep for K3.
> Very nice.

I am very curious about this ESSB mode....I am getting my K3 in a few weeks,
and
wonder what it sounds like with a normal SSB receiver using something like 2.8
KHz
filter.  Does it sound better/worse/distorted?  Or can you hear no difference
unless
you have a wider receive filter?  Since most people just have standard SSB
filters, I
am curious to know if you can use the mode with others, or only with
ESSB-equipped
stations.  TNX and VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73