Hey folks,

I've recently started picking up relatively strong pulses at 1 second intervals on my K2. I suspect they're coming from a new electric fence somewhere in the neighborhood. But where they're coming from is immaterial to my question.

Should the KNB2 noise blanker be effective against this type of noise? I've always thought that such impulse type noise was exactly what noise blankers were supposed to work best on, but I hear no difference in the pulses whether the NB is on or off, nor at high or low threshold settings. This is making me question whether the NB is working at all.

Any thoughts?

73
--
Joe