I have the same problem on LSB 40 meters.
Oms PY5EG

-----Original Message-----

From:  Alexandr Kobranov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: [Elecraft] K3 - Strange problem on 10 Meter SSB with power out
Date:  Mon 4 Aug 2008 14:42
Size:  3K
To:  WA6L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:  elecraft@mailman.qth.net

Hi John,

can you - and the rest of suffering by this problem - put here some
more details about your setting:
- POWER per Band active?
- TUN PWR -nor- or any value defined?

Just to have complete picture.

Did you try to chenge some settings with some change in behaviour?

Thnaks,
Lexa, OK1DST

WA6L napsal(a):

> I have been having a similar problem on 30m through 160m.  Output is fine on
> CW on all bands.  On SSB, I am gettting only about 50 watts on those low
> bands.
>
> It appears to be hardware related, at least in my case.  I have been doing a
> lot of remote troubleshooting with Gary Surrency, and at this point and
> awaiting my RSA for repair service.
>
> 73,
>
> John, WA6L
>

> williamsonr wrote:
>> If this has previously been discussed - please forgive me.
>> This weekend ten meters was "open" (as much as it could be at the bottom
>> of a cycle) and the 10-10 contest gave me a great opportunity to try out
>> the 10 meter band on my recently completed K3 #1318(latest firmware).  All
>> seemed well until I noticed that my power output on SSB was down as
>> indicated on the K3 power meter and where I normally see 100 watt pep
>> output on my tuners average reading meter.  So I grabbed my Bird 43 (with
>> PEP option) and a dummy load.  Sure enough, only about 50 watts PEP even
>> though the control on the K3 is at 100?  Placed the K3 into tune and
>> 95-100 watts out?  Go back to SSB and now the PEP power is back where it
>> should be at approx 100 watts PEP.  After a few more SSB transmission -
>> low power again(still connected to the Bird and dummy load).  This went on
>> for a while as I checked and re-checked all of my mic and comp settings.
>> All other bands worked correctly.  Power supply not current limiting, all
>> connections/cables good (connection to my stati
>>  o!
>> !
>> n ground verified), fresh battery in my studio mic, SWR on ten meter
>> antenna below 1.4:1 etc. etc.  Took the LPA heat sink bottom cover off to
>> make sure the LPA transistors were making good thermal contact.  (I had
>> added a spot of heat sink compound to each transistor during my assy
>> process) There was a clear outline of the TO-220 transistor and an even
>> film of compound indicating good pressure and contact.  Put everything
>> back together. Haven't seen the issue again - yet?  But I am not convinced
>> I did anything to make it go away?
>>
>> Anyone else had this experience?
>>
>> Rodger
>> N4NRW