Or maybe both. I'm sure this may be no big deal to most here, but I worked
IK0XKO yesterday @ 21:30 UTC (17:30 local) on 14.060 with my K3 @ 5 watts.
He stated he was also /QRP. It only lasted through the signal reports as the
QSB was fairly heavy and we started getting QRM'd pretty heavy as well. My
QTH is about 25 miles south of Detroit, so that is a distance of well over
4500 miles.

I was running /p in my front yard with a 66' inverted vee and homebrew open
wire feeder made out of 28g wire up in a tree about 35'. It was great to
exploit the fine tools on the K3 to eliminate or reduce the QRN and QRM so
that I could copy him fairly well. I would lose every 2nd or 3rd character
sent, but able to put the sentences together in my head. It was a fun 15 -
20 minutes.

73,

Dave W8FGU